Old 07-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default for Shiva - replacements for Mr. L (?)

In vy2ja.317234$3D1.174076@sccrnsc01 JimS. wrote:
My KD is a nice, deap, rich red color. The plant is pretty prone to
blackspot around here, but the blooms are really nice. Based on what
I know about Mr. Lincoln, I'd agree that it's a nice replacement for
that--though I just planted my Mr. L bareroot about 2 months ago, so I
don't know for sure. Haven't seen mine bloom yet.

The only rose I've grown to top Mr Lincoln and Kentucky Derby for size,
scent and flower form is La Passionata. It's absolutely superb in every
way. LP has the largest and most beautifully formed rose blooms of any
that I grow. And I've tried plenty of reds!