Old 07-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Getting Rid of Thrips

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.5af854ab6672910298712aa1ab24ec57@104 9495235.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:
1. Is anyone here using this for thrips, spider mites, or anything
else? Here is what the site says it kills: "Aphids, mites, codling
moths, grasshoppers, plum curculio, pear psylla, scale, leafhoppers,
thrips, loopers,Drosophila, lygus bugs, leafminers, flies, olive
flies, whiteflies, Hassids, houseflies and many others (8a) Effective
against many insect larvae. Moves throughout the plant rapidly.
Relatively slow acting against houseflies but with up to 8 weeks
residual control. Used to control fly maggots in manure piles."
Sounds pretty good to me.

It is damn good, Shiva. I use it, although it's widely sold in
Australia under a different name (Rogor).

Its control of thrips and aphids is perfect. Spider mites don't like it
but they are pretty resistant to it.

In earlier years I sprayed the infested bushes selectively, which worked
but allowed pest colonies to breed on neighbouring bushes, unseen. By
spraying all bushes at the first sign of infestation, I have sprayed
only twice this season - which is incredibly good.