Old 16-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Laura24 Laura24 is offline
Registered User

Cobea scandens is one of my favorite flowers in the garden. YES it will reward you mavelously if it blooms.
My experience has been that it must reach it's full potential before it blooms
Perhaps stopping the upward growth will encourage it to set flower. (Also known as the Cup and Saucer vine) A dose of Super Posphate, and cut back on the Nitrogen should force the bloom.Startlingly beautiful flower.
Patience will bring you more blooms than you can believe.
Good Luck!
Laura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
A gardening friend gave me a plant called "Cobea scandens" he said it was a " flowering climber"
I have it in a large pot near my back door . It has outgrown its 8ft cane support and is now threatening to engulf my entire house.
It is fastening itself to the wall with its tendrils and is about 30 feet tall.
Should I just junk it in and throw it away or will it repay my kindnes and watering.
When will it flower?
Will it flower?
Is it an annual or perennial.
Thanks in advance for help.