Old 17-07-2008, 05:05 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeM View Post
Hello, I am hoping someone can give me some advice about my poor plants!

My first problem is my Buxus. It's in a pot, shaped into a ball. This year it has hardly grown any new leaves at all, and now the tips of the previous season's growth are paling. (There were a couple of stems that died back last season, which I cut out, in horror that it was blight - but apart from that it seems fine). I gave it some slow release plant food a few weeks ago. I really hope it just needs a needs a certain nutrient?

My second problem is my pelargoniums. They are in a window box, and I have had them for about 5 years (they flower right through the winter, as I have a very sheltered garden). Until recently, the only 'care' I gave them was a very occasional waterering. Feeling I had been negligent, a month ago (when they were bushy and in bloom), I gave them plant food, fertiliser and twice-weekly watering. But within a fortnight, the leaves started turning yellow at the edges, and then went completely brown. I took all the yellow leaves off (which sadly was about three quarters of them) in case it was fungal, and sprayed Fungus Fighter. There doesn't seem to be anything distinctive on the yellow leaves themselves - I can't see mould, for example. They are still putting on new leaves (which are tiny?), but the remaining leaves are turning yellow now. I'm thinking perhaps they have root rot? Is there anything I can do?!

Many thanks in advance for any help!
How long has the box been in its pot?

As to the pelargoniums, it could be the result of all this cold wet and windy weather - or over-watering.