Old 17-07-2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Dunking and orchid in rubbing alcohol

It will live and thrive. But watch it for a week to ten days, and consider
treating again. Mealies are pretty easy to control using alcohol.

I hate the little suckers, though. Just when you think everything is fine,
there they are!

Diana

"Duncan" wrote in message
newsXvfk.112266$gc5.15238@pd7urf2no...
I got very frutrated with an on going mealy bug explosion in my phals so i
figured i would just soak a plant in 99.9% rubbing alcohol for a few
minutes and see what happened. Not sure if that was a good idea but it been
24 hours and it still looks sort of alright. Who thinks it will live and
who thinks it will die??? oh yea i also repotted it at the same time. Am i
an orchid killer extrodinare or what??