Old 23-02-2003, 05:51 AM
jammer

Default I may have some hyacinth after all....also lily question.

Today I went out and removed the screens from the pond, cleaned up
debri, and added 2 small statues; a frog and a turtle. I could see
the very bottom of the pond. I saw no gold fish, but i didn't disturb
the water. Some know i just put in this pond in aug/sept. I have a
lilly plant that had 3 big leaves. I sank it 5 months ago and the
leaves and stems look quite dead to me. HOWEVER! The pot has 4 baby
leaves in it! (Doing my happy dance) Do i raise the pot back up from
nearly 2 feet, or leave it on the bottom?

Also, i tried to over winter hyacinth. I kept some inside and they
died. I left some floating and they are rotten and will be removed
when i am ready to disturb the fish, and i sank and tied down a
couple. The ones i sank have green on them!!!! I was shocked!

Anyone else have fun today? (Mind you i live in a crazy place. We had
2 days of spring, 2 days of winter, now 2 days of spring, and back to
winter monday)
zone 7A
jammer