Old 19-07-2008, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
John M. Gamble John M. Gamble is offline

Default How Hardy Are David Austin Roses?

I keep seeing in catalogues reassurances that David Austin roses are
tough plants and don't require pampering.

But I remain sceptical about how successful a plant bred in England
can be in, oh just for example, a city built on the edge of the
prairie in the U.S. midwest, where hot and dry days are common.

I live in Chicago. Yes, I know how to use a sprinkler, but
that's not the same as living in England's green and pleasant land.

Does anyone have any experience with these plants in these conditions?

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.