Old 21-07-2008, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Phyllis Stone Phyllis Stone is offline

Default angel trumpet leaves curling

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Brugmansia and Datura are two different plants altogether,
taxonomically speaking. Brugs are Angel trumpets, Datura are Devil's
trumpets. Common names are idiotic. Cupping has nothing to do with
fertilization and yellowing foliage is normal as it self-limbs. They
can grow and produce in a three gallon pot as long as they have
adequate water. One wind and they'll tip over, but still can survive
just the same. I have 30 of these plants in tubs.

This plant is important to me and I am determined that it not die. We
don't have a nursery close so I am going to snip a couple of leaves and take
them to Ace Hardware and get help. It would be better to have a real plant
place but my choices are Home Depot or Ace. I dusted it with Ortho rose and
floral dust, scratched in some ironite and moved it a little back under a
tree fern leaf. I am hoping that someone there can look at the leaves and
say 'yes, you need to do this and everything will be fine'. I don't have a
'green thumb' at all but I really would like this plant to survive my care.