Old 22-07-2008, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul J. Dudley Paul J. Dudley is offline

Default Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:28:56 -0500, Jangchub wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:18:03 -0400, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:

Last month ( mid June ) I had applied Seven dust to my grapevine
due to Japanese Beatle infestation. I applied by hand ( gloved ).
I grabbed a handfull at a time and just tossed it across the whole
of the foliage and grape clusters. Here it is mid July and I still
see some rather rich deposits of the dust sitting on the clusters.
As these grapes ( type unknown ) are reaching ripeness they will
no doubt be harvested within the next 2 weeks to make wine. Will
the residual Seven dust pose any health threats at this point ? I've
tried rinsing with a garden hose but to no avail. It is rather "caked"
in some areas. There might have been some moisture on the grapes
when I slung the seven dust causing it to do so.

TIA

Paul

I wouldn't eat them.

I hadn't planned on eating them. I wish to make wine of them. I might
try washing the binches with mild soapy water and see how they look.
Hopefully I can get it (Sevin) gone... But if'n that don't do it, I will
trash the grapes and not take a chance.

= Paul =