Old 22-07-2008, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Seven dust - Applied a month ago - Still toxic or not ?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:18:03 -0400, Paul J. Dudley
wrote:
Last month ( mid June ) I had applied Seven dust to my grapevine
due to Japanese Beatle infestation. I applied by hand ( gloved ).
I grabbed a handfull at a time and just tossed it across the whole
of the foliage and grape clusters. Here it is mid July and I still

Hm. Maybe next time you'll read and follow the label directions?

As far as the half life of Sevin (not seven):
http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/carbaryl.htm

Note that carbaryl is bound by organic matter.

Personally, I wouldn't touch these grapes.