Old 27-07-2008, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default What's the best way to permanently remove ivy ?

"woodglass" wrote in message
What's the best way to permanently remove the ivy growing up the side of
our
house ?.

I want kill it off to make sure it never grows back.

TIA,

woodglass...

I have had to remove masses of Ivy from the dry stone walls around our
garden. I found that cutting off as close to ground level as possible, and
cutting the bulk away from the wall caused less damage to the walls. Three
years on the remains on the walls has dried up and comes away quite easily.
Very little re grew, what did I simply plucked off and that has now given
up.

Mike