Old 08-04-2003, 08:08 AM
Christopher

Default How long should I leave my lights on?

I think that long durations of light like 12 hours causes more algae growth,
if you have anubias or other low/moderate light plants 12 hours might be too
much and I know my anubias used to get brown algae on the leaves with this
long of a duration.

"Ron Nelson" wrote in message
The general consensus seems to be about 12 hours a day. Plus or minus 1 or
2. Some split that up and do 2x 6 hours with a dark period in between.
Others just leave them on all the way through. I'm not really sure of the
pro's and con's of either though.

hope this helps,
Ron

"Bill Beam" wrote in message
news
I'd like: Max plant growth - minimal algae growth. What's the
optimum light on time per day? Thx