Old 29-07-2008, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Removing kikuyu grass lawn

"raycruzer" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 6:29 am, "symplastless" wrote:
"YMC" wrote in message

Does anyone have any ideas?

Accept the good with the bad. Find SERENITY specifically accepting the
things we cannot change. Our desire to control nature is not in our best
interest, most of the time, I believe. I just got the bulls eye for Lyme
disease. My thought, I fought nature and mature one. If I was not out
there clearing the area where the woods meet the field, to plant grass, I
would not have Lyme disease. I would like to do a better job, myself, in
working with nature and not against it. Here where we live in the USA if
its green than its grass. People with monoculture lawns not only compromise
ground water but have brown lawns in August while ours with clover gets free
fertilizer (nitrogen) without compromise of ground water and stays green.

When you find the chemical you are looking for you might find some useful
information about some of the harmful effects of the chemical at these
sites:
Please look under PESTICIDE ISSUES, Alternatives and more
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/env/index.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Note: The above link has a lot of annoying popups!

There are some weed twisting tools that work well on removing
crabgrass and bermudagrass, which grow by runners much like Kikuyu.
Unfortunately, these tools may not be available in Australia.

Search the web for "crabgrass removal" for more ideas.

Best of luck!