Old 29-07-2008, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Removing kikuyu grass lawn

"YMC" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

Oh, yeah, is Kikuyu native to your area?

Not exactly. But Kikuyu grass is very common here in Melbourne Australia-
virtually all the Parks and nature strips and council lands employ this
type of grass. It loves sun- doesn't mind our dry summer, and is tolerant
of our droughts.

Back to topic - no tree in that area. Apart from a very old rosemary bush
and a pretty Blue Moon rose and a hybrid rose, the rest is just weed.

I wonder if the grass fixes nitrogen like our clover? Clover stays green
and seems to tolerate our dry and hot August month.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.