Old 31-07-2008, 03:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default How Long Till Roundup Works?

KC wrote:

[....]

I have been using Roundup for the past 15+ years and buy it in 2.5gal
jugs. Here's my experience with it: The original Roundup, mixed with
a surfactant at the time of use, worked great. Let the mix sit for a
week or more before using it greatly reduced it's killing power
(chemical reaction?). Then Roundup got the idea of premixing the
surfactant at bottling (new & improved). Same problem in reduced
killing power. Roundup increased the concentration % (new & improved
#2) to try to solve the problem. Better, but still not as good as the
original. Of course every change they made increased the price while
keeping the effectiveness reduced. Some companies just got to screw
with a good thing! Remember Coke trying it?

Now I buy generic without surfactant if I can find it.

KC

just a few drops of liquid soap added to the tank mix causes
the mix to clink better to the applied plant.

just a few drops or you'll have a foaming mess.
old style lemon Joy works best with no adverse reduction
in killing power.