Old 08-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Regina

Default still another batch of roses

Cass wrote:

Regina wrote: Cass wrote: Regina
wrote:

How large is English Garden in your pot?

Two feet above soil level after light pruning, with a fairly narrow
profile. I suspect it will be taller and bushier this year after
having been moved out of the too cold and shady spot it had been in.
I've had it a few years and it had always sulked, but once in its new
position late last summer, it immediately started pumping out blooms.

Mine's the same kind of runt, but the plant that sold me on the rose is
a good 3 1/2 or 4 feet.

Then that's what I'll hope for from mine this year, though the pot sitting on
asphalt might limit it. When my pots sit on bare dirt, they thrust their roots
down into the soil and attain their full size.

In fact, next winter I have to remember to
thin out the canes in the center because it's getting crowded in there.
EG is an essential rose for arrangements. Buff goes with everything.
Does Climbing Jackie handle the vase, or is it strickly garden
material?

I don't bring things in too often, but I recall that it lasted well.

[Buff Beauty]

Ya mean I can dig it up? Consider it done. We'll need help getting
it in the car, more like you'll a trailer.

eek!! Will I be able to fit it in? I may need to make a point of
leaving most of my standard camping gear at home next trip.

I didn't dig it up, just kidding.

heh, good because I will need as much room as possible for the Vintage loot.

Maybe BR next fall? Keep me posted. I
do want that space for Celine Forestier, but she's still in a 5 gallon
pot and will be for a while.

BR would be easier I'm sure. Whew!! Though I still hope that it surprises and
delights you, if it doesn't, I'll have a place for it. Strange how I hear such
varying reports on this one.

[Flutterbye]

Actually, it was destined for the blue and yellow garden. We'll see.
It's still small.

It won't be. Fence eating material.

Regina