Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.birds,alt.nature.mushrooms,sci.misc
Rick Rick is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Mystery Disease?

Steve Peek wrote:
My state(NC) does not allow the importation of gooseberries or currents
because they carry a fungal disease that damages White Pines. I'm not sure
which fungus or what the damage may be. Try Google White Pine disease +
currents.
Steve
"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
Returning home from our Friday trip to town, we spotted this strange
apparition in a tree along the road.....

I need some help identifying it.

js

White pine blister rust is the disease and gooseberry is the alternate host.

--

Rick
Fargo, ND

Remember the USS Liberty