Old 15-08-2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Phal roots

Jane,

It is not at all unusual for a Phal (or other orchid, for that matter) to
grow aerial roots. How ungrateful of them not to grow to our liking!

Just make certain to thoroughly soak the aerial roots when you water the
plant.

Diana

"Jane" wrote in message
I have a Phal that has many roots growing from the top. This phal had
a problems about a year ago with yellowing leaves. I removed the bad
leaves and repotted the plant. Since then it has grown several
healthy leaves but no flowers.

The roots on top are very thick and healthy looking. They branch like
a tree. I have several other phals. They also have air roots but
nothing like this.

Does this indicate any particular issue with the plant of is it
normal? When I water this plant should I spray the roots?

thanks