Old 17-08-2008, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Damons? Plums?

On 17/8/08 10:40, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| I'd assumed blackberries but that's because I like Crčme de Mūres added to
| my summer white wine, rather than Cassis. ;-)

Isn't that made from mulberries? We use it in preference, too.

Looking at the bottle we have, made by Giffard in Angers, its label shows a
pic of blackberries. But a very brief look round the internet seems to
indicate that your mūres sauvages are blackberries, if identified correctly.
FR4142

Crčme de Mures Sauvages Gabriel Boudier 70cl
20%
15.05
Perfectly ripe wild blackberries macerated in the finest alcohol to extract
the full fruit flavour then sweetened with just the right amount of sugar.
Delicious mixed with dry white wine or Champagne - Kir style.
http://www.bairds-wines.co.uk/spirits.asp
Gabriel Boudier makes a similar drink with Mūres Sauvages.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com