Old 09-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Jonathan Phua

Default eulophia graminea seed pod for trade

Hi,
It's sure to be a selfing. There aren't any other orchids around that area.
That's the only eulophia species I have growing in my garden.

Jonathan
"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
.. .
Jonathan,

Unless you know this insect personally and where exactly he/she/it

obtained
the pollen used to pollinate your plant's flower I would be hesitant to

hope
a breeder (ie an ethical breeder) would be interested in your pod. It
"might" be a selfing, or a sib cross, or a who-knows-what hybrid. The

risk
in getting a dud hybrid is often not worth the investment of time & effort
over several years waiting for the offspring to bloom out and to confirm

it
is a pure species grex in order to make an honest sale of the plants to
re-coup the breeder's investment.

Mick