Old 25-08-2008, 02:50 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangellis View Post
Hi everyone
I am new to growing rose's, and am a bit bewildered as where to start. I
mean what would be a good type of rose to start of with etc.
I live in south wales in the UK, my garden soil, is quite good, I have grown
tomato's, asters, marigolds, lupins, gladioli, heathers, tulips to name but
a few. Bearing in mind my soil can grow the previously mentioned plants,
what type/name of rose should I start of with. I quite like the Tea Roses,
but am unsure if they will grow in my soil
any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
R.J Vangellis

Most roses are easy to grow. To avoid problems, have a look at what is grown locally first. Then go to the rose growers' websites and look at what is on offer. David Austin, Peter Beales, Pococks, Mattocks, are all reliable.