Old 25-08-2008, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jeffrey L. Kline Jeffrey L. Kline is offline

Default Dealing with thrips

Your welcome

I'm big on soaps, and have good outcomes with them. As a matter of fact,
I'm off to apply some this today. If you use soap, spray it near sunset, to
reduce the risk of phytotoxicity.

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

"ammy" wrote in message
"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in
:

this says it all
http://www.bugspray.com/article/thrips.html

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, zone 5
"YMC" wrote in message
u...
Hi,

Some of my roses have been infected with thrips - you can see the
effects on the lightly colored ones, esp. the white ones.

One in particular keeps on getting a bad case of rust.

Its currently winter now in Melbourne Australia.

Apart from the usual measure -

1. clear out dead leaves
2. Pruning
3. Spraying area with lime.

What other things can I do. And what effective sprays do some people
use to deal with thrips?

Thanks.

good link. thanks