Old 26-08-2008, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B[_2_] Ray B[_2_] is offline

Default Fay

Isn't that Bok Gardens (or whatever the Bok Tower is in)?

FWIW, the house I owned in SC was a whopping 8 feet above sea level, but
fortunately was elevated another 4 feet, so when Hugo went through, the
water only reached halfway up the first floor.

Even more fortunately )for me) was the fact that I sold it and moved away a
few years prior!

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..

"jadel" wrote in message
On Aug 22, 10:46 am, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:13:29 -0400 in
Diana Kulaga
wrote:

What you said. Exactly. It's a big, lumbering storm. The wind has not
been
an issue, but the extensive rain over a long period of time has caused
many
problems in low lying areas. Fortunately, we are not in one of those
areas.

There are parts of Florida that aren't low lying areas?

Yes. The highest point FL is about 300 ft. above sea level, a
veritable mountain. (annoying emoticon here)

J. Del Col

And that's a land fill!!

Diana