Old 27-08-2008, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
KOS KOS is offline

Default grass/lawn question- lawn in New England

Hi, I have a question about my lawn..

I have noticed that on my lawn I have been having lots of dry
patches... An 'expert' came over and said I have bent grass- since
there were once many golf courses in the area at one time. They
suggested that we aerate the lawn and then overseed with a blend of
grass seeds.. Does this seem like the right approach to deal with
bent grass?

My questions

1) They also recommended applying lime- would that help the lawn?
would it help bent grass?
2) They recommended nutsedge treatment-- is that crucial to do?

Finally I have a 5 application lawncare program.. Early Spring, Mid
Spring, Early Summer, Late Summer, Fall

if one has bent grass do they need all 5 or not?

Thanks
KOS