Old 29-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post

My only experience is with storing cattail pollen for making pancakes......
Thanks Luna, I never knew you could eat it, but I suppose common sense
should tell us that it has a fair bit of protein. Well, you learn something
new every day !

I need to save pollen from Eriobotrya japonica that flowers here in the Autumn/Winter, and keep it viable so that I can try to fertilize another plant
of the same genus that blooms in June/July. O.K., it's just a little experiment,
and only for the fun of it, but I would hope to give myself the best possible chance of success. I just want to see what kind of seedlings might result from the cross.

If it works I will certainly post a report.