Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Roots!

Great photos! The Chocolate Drop is a good example of how many variants
there are in that cross.

I woulda made a great pirate.........

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
More orchid pics and a few of the Nina are on my photopage at flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kbarrett/ Dang I hate the idea of going back
to work tomorrow....

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Looks like Hurricane Hannah is heading for Florida, too. Hopefully not
your way.

A reproduction of the Nina (of Nina, Pinta, Sta Maria fame) was in
Oakland this weekend. Will put up soem pics if I get the chance.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Just about everything is waterlogged! We've had a couple of dry days,
which is good. After all the rain, I need to get out there with a shot
of fungicide. Yesterday I freshened up the snail bait; seems to have
worked.

A great deal of repotting is done, and what is not probably will wait. A
few exceptions: reed stem Epis and a couple of Dends that are calling my
name.

We had a terrific flush of Catts over the last couple of months (our
plants are maturing!), but it's a little drab out there right now. More
will come. The Vandas have been *very* good to us this year, and
continue to spike like crazy. Remember that big white Vanda, Zengyo
White? The one none of us could find anywhere? That thing is, for all
intents and purposes, always in bloom. It will have a couple of weeks
between one spike and the next, but that's it.

Trichoglottis brachiata has buds coming up and down the trunk. Can't
wait! And Plectrelminthus caudata has two spikes that will probably
mature in time for our first display next month.

All in all, things are good.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Roots are busting out all over! All over the old dead last years'
ones...

Doing some repotting since the roots are a-rooting now. Seeing how the
bud sheathes are coming. Found a speculative seeding that I bought
years ago ready to flower. Hope its as nice as the ones online. (Blc
Mem. Bess Thompson). Posted pics of whats open now. (on flickr)

The scale and mealies are abated for this nanosecond of time.

The Masd coccineas wish they were back in the Andes.

What's up with you all?

K Barrett