Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
[email protected] greatyetiofthenorth@gmail.com is offline

Default Deer and Roses

I too have had big troubles this year, whereas in prior years I had no
issue. The *******s manage to attack my rose shrubs right when the
buds are ready to blossom. I have tried using Liquid Fence (http://
www.liquidfence.com/) and have had success, but it is pricey, so I
never bought the bulk size necessary to do a full on spray with a
garden hose, just the hand held dispenser. Next year I will invest in
the larger package size and spray it every 2 - 3 weeks to keep the
damn deer away.

Be forewarned - it stinks really really bad, and if you get it on your
skin, you will smell wild animal pee for at least week. So when
buying this product, make sure you use some rubber gloves, and be sure
not to spray it the weekend of a BBQ, because everyone will throw up
at the smell - and not your cooking.

Any other suggestions from the group?

On Jul 25, 7:38*am, (Mr. Andy) wrote:
I am now having problems wit deer after 35 years of growing roses. Some
said to try urine. *Has anyone had success with urine, how is it applied
and how often?
Thanks,
Andrew

Enjoy the Summer!