Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter C[_2_] Peter C[_2_] is offline

Default Suffolk Punch 43 mower.

One I have had for 20 years. Starts first pull and roller and blade
are rotating. As soon as I try and cut the grass the blades stop
rotating. I have replaced Vee Belt, checked drive chain at the other
side of the mover and adjusted the clutch.
I now find that on the chain drive side the top pulley can be turned
by hand when the engine is not running, also when the problem shows
upon trying to cut the lawn the chain is not revolving.,
Is this a major problem or can it be resolved easily. Help would be
appreciated.
Peter.