Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_25_] Steve[_25_] is offline

Default My climbing French beans

Hello all,

I was amazed to see this post as I have the opposite situation this year. I
am in Lincs and for the last five years I have been using 'Climbing French
bean, Neckarkonigin' which are only about fifty pence for a large packet in
Lidl.

I always have great success with them and this year they have been
exceptional. So many eaten, given away, frozen and now can't keep up and am
leaving them to dry for the winter. I usually put a row in the soil and some
in a container up a wigwam. The ones in the container have had a humungous
crop. This year just by change I had a large pot with a lavender plant next
to them which was always alive with bees; could they have been responsible?

Sorry getting carried away but I do recommend folks to try those beans; they
have a great flavour and are totally stringless. They always appear in the
spring when Lidl put out their seed racks.

Good luck

Steve.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Are a disaster this year. I planted them in May, they refused to flower

...snip...