Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My climbing French beans

"Steve" wrote in message
Hello all,

I was amazed to see this post as I have the opposite situation this year.
I am in Lincs and for the last five years I have been using 'Climbing
French bean, Neckarkonigin' which are only about fifty pence for a large
packet in Lidl.

I always have great success with them and this year they have been
exceptional. So many eaten, given away, frozen and now can't keep up and
am leaving them to dry for the winter.

I'm happy for you. My situation has been the reverse and it seems I'm not
alone. It's the first year I haven't planted runner beans as well. Could
kick myself now as everyone's runners seem to have done so well.
I'm beanless..