Old 11-09-2008, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter C[_2_] Peter C[_2_] is offline

Default Suffolk Punch 43 mower.

On 10 Sep, 17:15, deadly wrote:
I have the same problem

The flats machined on to the shaft to fit the slotted hole in the
sprocket have *completely worn away due to the nut holding the sprocket
working loose. So the sprocket just spins - or doesn't when it should. I
can't find any spares so I'll repair it myself by rebuilding the shaft
with weld - or just welding the sprocket on!

--
deadly

I found the nut wanted tightening and when I did so it prevented the
clutch drum from revolving. It seems that 'deadley' is spot on and I
needto have it welded, a job beyond me. I will have to consider
selling the mower for spares or having it done by an expert. Thanks
for all the posts, most helpful.
Peter.