Old 09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Lance R.

Default wysteria vines and trees

Interesting... Thanks Anne.

--
Lance

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
.. .
Wisteria is nothing to mess with, IMHO!!!! Although my two were
[presumably] planted deliberately, I believe that a lot of the "tree-size"
Wisteria seen around originally had a "host" (victim} tree for support.

By
the time the Wisteria had choked the life out of the host tree, the

Wisteria
was strong enough to support itself.

I thought at one point that I had seen the description of the Raulston
Arboretum's efforts to eradicate the Wisteria that was invading its

borders
(as opposed to the plantings), but I cannot find it right now.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Lance R." wrote in message
There is so much of the wysteria vine around - it got me wondering if it

is
harmful to the trees that it grows on. Does anyone know?

Lance