Old 15-09-2008, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default What is the self life of grass seeds (sealed bag)

lbbss wrote:
I have 1 year old grass seeds in a sealed bag. �
are they still good?

After a year the germination rate has certainly deteriorated, how much
depends a lot on how they were stored, at what temperature. Generally
the cooler the storage temperature the longer the shelf life and the
higher the germanation rate. Also depends on what type of seeds and
which brand. What size bag are you talking... if a small amount like
5-10 pounds it hardly pays to save them unless you know you will be
using them within the next few months. Were I not going to use them
I'd give them to someone who will rather than let them just rot.