Old 09-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Arwen Long

Default What ya planting?

It's a wonderful image... I just started on mine this year, with plans to
completely eradicate grass. So far I really mainly had daffodils, with
some compliments from neighbors -- although one said, "you planted them right
in the middle of your yard?" I have some perennial seeds and
am working on groundcover that I can walk on so it's not all big plants.
That one is slow, though... it's too expensive to do it all at once,
and I have a huge list of desirable covers.

Arwen

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Lance R. wrote:

Maybe you two could post some photos of your front yards...I'm having
difficulty picturing one without a lawn...except in Pinehurst where there
are neighborhoods full of pine needle yards.

--
Lance

"Beth Peace" wrote in message
link.net...
MAC wrote:
did i mention that i'm TOTALLY eliminating my front lawn?

Good for you! We're trying to do the same, covering it with raised
beds and perennials instead. They look a lot better, and since it
doesn't face the road the neighbors can't complain.

Would neighbors actually complain? We've ~almost~ eliminated the lawn

(just
a patch left to go) and we've had nothing but compliments from neighbors
(one's copying our stone wall and another's doing some significant

additions
to beds as well).

Who needs grass anyway.