Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default C. bowringiana? Pictures

There is an interesting story to this plant. It was recently given to me by
someone I helped with an orchid problem. She has literally dozens of
divisions of this; the parent plant belonged to her late father-in-law. He
grew species, but the tag is long since gone. To me, it looks like
bowringiana. The growth habit is right, the flower size is right, the base
of the pseudobulbs is right, and the flower form and markings look right.

And we all know that I may be as wrong as rain. The flower color is not true
in the close up; it is darker than that, and closer to the color in the
photo of the whole plant.

Help? I need an expert opinion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28721677@N06/2910801554/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28721677@N06/2910828504/