Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
janet janet is offline

Default crosses with B. Jiminy Cricket as parent

On Oct 11, 11:48*am, "K Barrett" wrote:
I don't think the RHS website gives you this info easily. *But that's where
you'd start on line. *According to Orchid Wiz Jimminey Cricket has been used
11 times as a parent. *Since its lip is already the result of the cross
between nodosa and B digbyana you'd probably have to cross it back onto
digbyana in order to get the fringed lip you are looking for. Or go
completely weird and cross it onto something like Epi ciliata (or ilense!?),
hoping the fringed lip will pass along.

Just my 2 cents. *I have no idea if the lip is dominant.

Thanks! That's not a very long list. I'd think that if the cross of
digbyana and nodosa yielded a fringed lip, that then either the
fringed lip is dominant or it sort of blends.

Janet