Old 19-10-2008, 08:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Lawn Guy Lawn Guy is offline

Default Scarifier vs Verticutter vs Dethatcher

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

If you're constantly beating the ground with "brushes, knives,
blades, wires, or some other spinning, whirling mechanism",
how the hell do you expect to do "minimal harm to grass"?

Well, since there are things called "scarifiers" and "verticutters" and
aerators that apparently do beat or cut or slice into the ground, with
the goal of working the top layer without chewing up the grass too
badly, then I'd say that it shouldn't be too hard to dislodge and remove
loose shit on the ground and between the grass blades without chewing up
the grass too much.

Doesn't your street department clean your street?

Yea - halfway through the summer.

And they don't clean my 5000 sq.ft. commercial office parking lot.

Do you really expect a machine that you've used all year to grind
gravel, sand, stones, broken asphalt, etc, to still have the
capabilities to mulch leaves

Sure, with an appropriate quick-change of internal components.

AND:
Cost: Between $500 and $750 USD.

Anything's possible if it's made in China.

LMAO. You're a ****ing idiot.

You're a ****ing ass wipe.