Old 19-10-2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Ohmster Ohmster is offline

Default [Jade] Neophyte needs help for mom desperately!

Hal wrote in
:

It is probably too late.

First, remove the rocks. They are probably glued on and no water is
getting to the dirt and the plant.

Second, until you get new growth, don't do ANYTHING except water when
the dirt is dry. Use a chop stick and stick it in the dirt. If it
comes out dry - then water until water comes out of the bottom of the
pot. Wait 30 minutes and water again until the water comes out of the
bottom of the pot -- do not water again, until the soil is dry. Give
it lots of light. Do nothing else until you get it growing again, if
that is possible.

Then use Google and study all of the Bonsi sites you can find. It
started as a beautiful Bonsai and today it is barely alive, if it is
alive.

If it does start to put out new growth - then post again.

Hal

Thank you Hal for your help but the plant is FAR from dead, it is way TOO
live I think. Did you see the pictures of the plant here?
http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmster/bonsai/

I reduced the size of the shots to 640x480 but can post the larger
pictures if it helps. Mom is an avid plant enthusiast and the soil is not
dry and the rocks are not glued down. The plant is in South Florida, gets
plenty of natural light and watered regularly. We are in Bonsai zone 10a,
find zones he
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html?

The problem is that neither one of us knows how to prune the plant or the
roots. That is the kind of help I need and if and when to wire up the
branches to shape them. The two pictures on the left of my bonsai page
show the plant when we first got it, all nicely shaped. The 5 pictures
from the left show the plant today.

So it is putting out new growth, WAY too much of it and I am posting back
here again. Somebody help please with pruning instructions for Jade
Bonsai trees, roots, leaves, and limbs need pruning. I just don't want to
kill the plant and there must be a method to this pruning that is not
harmful to the plant. Like how much to do at a time, how to trim roots,
when to trim limbs and how much, how often, etc. Any links or directions
would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,
--
~Ohmster | ohmster59 /a/t/ gmail dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body