Old 20-10-2008, 05:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Duncan Vincent Duncan Vincent is offline

Default IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont have to enter anything at all so it must be some kind of automatic
thing. I just remembered a freind of mine works at shaw doing some kind of
computer consulting so maybey he will have some info on what might work (if
anything will). Wow. I'm going to do something usefull with facebook.

"Ray B" wrote in message
As Shaw is a cable service provide, it seems likely that they require SOME
sort of authentication.

With Comcast and Verizon, it was a user name and password, but maybe they
are OK with just a username. I think it more likely that they are using
the registered MAC (media access control) address of your interface device
(modem or router).

The bottom line being that if you're not recognized as a paying user of
their service, you ain't gettin' in.