Old 26-10-2008, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default Fall plantings?

Hello again knowledgable prople of rec.gardens.edible. My first
attempt at gardenning was OK. I got about

3-4 cucumbers a week from 6 plants,
enough chilli peppers from 5 plants,
enough spring onions that I could use,
half the tomatoes I needed from 6 plants didn't get good yields,
about a third of what I need from my two basil plants,
more mint than I needed,
6 good ears of corn and 6 bad ears of corn from 6 stalks,
about a pound of string beams from 6 vines,
1 good watermelon from 4 plants.

Not good, but not too bad for a first timer I guess. I appreciate all
the help and advices I received here in rec.gardens.edible.

Fall is here in Northern VA near DC. What should I be planting veggie
wise at this time of year?

Thank you kindly,
Wil