Old 27-10-2008, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Have we given up?

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:04:00 -0700 in tbell wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:29:50 -0700, Ray B wrote
(in article ):

OK, the number of posts here and at abpo have been mighty slim. Are we
abandoning newsgroups?

I'm reluctant to give up the friends and resources, too. I'm lucky enough to
be able to afford Giganews, but I've been posting texts and binaries to, and
have been able to read posts on Motzarella, too. So far, no cost, though who
knows how long that will last.

Ray Banana, the fellow that runs Motzarella.org, has largely given up on
binaries for now. As a side effect he's in a good position to remain
fairly low bandwidth with the new eternal september.
However, he did have to setup a 3rd news-server recently.

--
Chris Dukes
"Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow