Old 27-10-2008, 11:14 PM
theAdviserMe theAdviserMe is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Stump View Post
Hi

Just bought a house in Kent that had an old age couple living in it, the back garden (approx 90 foot by 50 foot) had very rough grass maybe 8-10 inches long - I was told by a neighbour that it was cut by their son when he had a chance, but only maybe 6 times a year. The result is very bumpy with dips and hollows (that I can live with) an impressive amount of thatch (thats why God invented scarifiers) but, most impressivly, cutting it for the first time today down to about 3 inches, I found approx 25 ants nest, with patches of earth coming through the grass, some about the size of a dinner plate, some bigger. They are full of Brown ants with some black ones.

Any suggestions?? I could go bankrupt boiling water to shove down them so would rather not go that route.

Searching the web doesnt show much, one site suggested dilute solution of borax, but little else.

Sugestions?? Anyone???

Help - or its napalm time again...
I have the same problem before but I think the ants here in my place are not that as you described. Most of them just leave because of constant watering and disturbance on their habitats.