Old 02-11-2008, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garlic/onion frost damage

"Gary Woods" wrote after "Bob Hobden" moaned on...

Your garlic will recover unlike ours which has had the tops all eaten
off!!

Yikes! What kind of wildlife eats garlic tops?

Here, the deer will eat the leftover Brussels Sprout plants, and any leeks
I've left in the ground, but they're not their first choice. Kale, on the
other hand....

We have never ever had anything damage our Garlic before and thought them
impervious to attack, not this year. The first tops to show all disappeared
within a few days and I can see where they have been eaten off. A few late
developers are coming up again and I've put a couple of rodent bait boxes
out to try to kill the culprits. Last thing we want is rodents getting a
taste for garlic!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden