Old 14-11-2008, 05:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default cattleya leaf tip necrosis

dbs wrote:
.......... Cooks also "invert" sucrose by an addition of corn syrup
(aka fructose) while
heating a sucrose solution to prevent crystalization during cooling.

Dave

In an effort to take this subject even farther off topic (If that's even
possible now):

Actually, corn syrup is glucose. We hear so much about the man
made/manipulated high fructose corn syrup these days that I can
understand the mistake. Probably the only reason we see so much high
fructose corn syrup around is because it is as sweet as sucrose and
cheaper due to our own government. They place a tariff on imported
sucrose and subsidize farmers who grow corn.

Steve