Old 14-11-2008, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Buncha new pics

K Barrett wrote:
"tenman" wrote in message

For those who are uanble to access abpo, I have posted a slew of new pisc
on my flickr page at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28692493@N05/

Including one of Spath.kimballiana, which has been blooming since Aug.3.

How do you grow the Spathoglottis? Is it an oncidium-like plant? Ya got
some interesting stuff, Tennis! I'd never have even *looked* at a
Maxillaria like yours (unless it was in bloom). I'd-a passed right by.

K Barrett

When asked if it was difficult to grow, I replied,

THIS one isn't, I think. The LAST one, which died, was. Go figure. It's in a

pretty wet terrestrial kind of mix and gets as much sun as my GH affords,

intermediate temps, never dries out. Exactly identical conditions to the
last

one. Who knows???

As for the Max, I must confess it had a pic of the flower with it; I got
it in Chicago a couple years back from Ecuagenera.