Old 21-11-2008, 04:23 PM
EnergyRecru EnergyRecru is offline
Registered User

Location: pakistan

I'm aware of the fact that Tecumseh and Briggs and Stratton both use plastic timing parts in their OHV engines. I'm not too crazy about plastic parts in engines. Should I be concerned about both companies' OHV engines because of this? Are the Tecumseh L-Head engines a good design? All metal parts? How about the stories I hear about L-Heads blowing rods (or is this just a matter of keeping your oil full and clean?) Should I trust the L-Head more than any OHV engine? I kind of get this impression from a couple of small engine mechanics I've talked with. Are larger engines a potential mechanical problem? I'm thinking of engines larger than 10 or 11 horsepower. A small engine mechanic told me that such a larger engine could invite more potential problems, but I can't exactly remember what he said without misquoting him.I'll probably be back again with more questions. In the meantime, thanks for any help on these latest ones.