Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
BIO-Dex Consulting BIO-Dex Consulting is offline

Default Blue Sarcochilus

I havent seen any personally, but I know of a few people who are still
trying to get a pure THelymitra style blue in many of the genera.

Kye.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Any Australians still here? Anyone seen any blue sarcochiluses? I read an
article in Orchids Australia (from 4/2001) by W D Morris saying that Banks
and Woolf tried making blues.. He postulated a method for doing so.

So my question is, has anyone actually made one? Ever see any?

We here in the States don't see the range of Australian orchids you make.
For example we rarely see red fitzgeraldiis. So I wondered if this ever
really happened.

K Barrett