Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Blue Sarcochilus

On Dec 8, 11:46*am, "K Barrett" wrote:
Any Australians still here? *Anyone seen any blue sarcochiluses? I read an
article in Orchids Australia (from 4/2001) by W D Morris saying that Banks
and Woolf tried making blues.. He postulated a method for doing so.

So my question is, has anyone actually made one? *Ever see any?

We here in the States don't see the range of Australian orchids you make.
For example we rarely see red fitzgeraldiis. *So I wondered if this ever
really happened.

K Barrett

I've only seen photo's but a few Sarco. Susan flowered blue (more of a
pale blue/purple rather than a true blue). The colour doesn't seem to
be passed on to Susan's hybrids though. Yellow seems to be the new
flavour of the month in Sarc breeding.