Old 17-12-2008, 05:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Chloraea

BIO-Dex Consulting wrote:
Id like to try growing those here in Australia... Now to find them.

Yours Sincerely

Kye Tanson

Kye, there is a Chilean Flora site which sells seeds:

http://www.chileflora.com/Florachile...archengine.htm

and I believe it is also they who offer them on eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Chileflora-Chilean-seeds

However, Warren Stoutamire, a retired botanist and grower of all
things fantastic and wonderful, said he has had little to no germination
with old seed and that the season for fresh seed would be at the end of
their summer (which woudl be the sme season for you, but spring for me).
He has only one surviving seedling which he describes as 'weak'. So, I
would advise checking into them now but buying seed when its freshest.

Please keep us apprised of any information/experience you may have with
these. Keep my email address handy as who knows if I'll go through
another period of inaccessibility to newsgroups.
( )