Old 21-12-2008, 06:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Percivaliana cross - P10100S.JPG [01/01]

Hi there Chris,
I always thought that when the tag name is written as you have it, then
it is a cross of two Cattleyas?
I have a couple of C. Percivaliana 's & my data base tells me that they were
from Stewarts, which
sadly is out of business. Peggy O'Neill is a Blc.
Your cross is pretty, I love the subtle pastel shade.
Merry Christmas,
Wendy

"Chris Savas" wrote in message
g.com...
I have a plant that just came into bloom for the first time (for me). It's
nice looking flower, but I am puzzled by the label.

Blc. (C. Percivaliana 'Summit' FCC/AOS
X Peggy O'Neill 'Peppermint')

It also has the number 186141 , but no name of grower.

My problem is whether the grower has less-than-adequate labelling
practices,
or am I ignorant in labelling practices.

Am I to understand that the Peggy O'Neill is B. or Bl. or Blc. so
that the cross results in a Blc.?

Chris in Central Florida
(remove not from address to answer directly)